The purpose of this Society shall be:
- The advancement of the science, the art and the practice of medicine.
- To elevate the standards of medical education.
- To maintain and enhance the high professional standards of physicians.
- To assist in the preservation of the public health.
- And, to enlighten public opinion in regard to the problems of medicine and health for the best interests of the people of Nassau County.
To these ends, the Society strives to preserve the doctor-patient relationship, to assure access to quality medical care for all, and to voice the ethical perspective of physicians in their provision of medical care.